We are delighted to confirm that we will be moving to Caledonian House Business Centre, at 164 High Street, Elgin on 1 September 2017. You can find out more details about the new Business Centre at http://www.ch.elginbusinesscentre.com.
We initially specialised in document management services, but in light of the changes to data protection law, due to come into effect on 25th May 2018, we have now decided to primarily focus on helping local SMEs ensure that they are ready for the impending changes.
The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) will overhaul data protection law, both in the UK and in the EU.
We would strongly advise all businesses to take the following steps in order to assess their own compliance with the forthcoming legislative change:
1. Generate awareness, both at management and non-management levels within your organisation;
2. Assess what personal data you hold, where it came from, and with whom you may share it;
3. Review your current privacy notice and data protection policy;
4. Ensure that you have procedures in place to comply with the rights individuals have, such as how you would delete personal data or provide individuals with copies of their personal data;
5. Consider the types of data processing you carry out and identify the legal basis for doing so;
6. Review how you are seeking, obtaining and recording consent, and consider whether you need to make any changes;
7. Ensure that you have procedures in place for data breaches that are compliant with the new legislation; and
8. Consider whether you need to appoint a data protection officer.